Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Is it "Segueway" or "Segway"? No, it's "Neither".



After our lunch and brief visit to Borough Market, we made our way to Bayswater where we checked into our lovely hotel. In the evening we intended to go to the Tate Modern, but could not cross the Millenium Bridge from St Pauls because of the stoopid fireworks so we decided to get some food instead. But only after a lively discussion as to whether "segway" or "segueway" is a real word. Row said "yes" it was a real word whilst I said "no". Fortunately for me, the OED also say "no" so that would appear to be an end to the matter. ;-)

And so, hungry after our exhanges, we headed to Chinatown for "nosh" and after staring at many menus in many windows we settled on Furama, Macclesfield Street. And we were not dissappointed. After a huge set menu for two (including a lovely Roast Duck maniacally shredded by our waiter) washed down by lots of Tsing Tao, we headed back to the hotel.

3 Comments:

At 6:53 pm, Blogger soulmining said...

It's actually just 'segue' Lenny, so Row was in fact correct...

segue \SEG-way; SAYG-way\, verb:
To proceed without interruption; to make a smooth transition.

(from dictionary.com)

 
At 6:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thankyou Phil...What Lenny forgot to mention was that he had apparently never even heard the word and that I was insane to think it existed.

I think he must have been living in a bunker in Berlin perhaps to have missed this piece of common parlance! That or he's just a bit simple...you decide!!

 
At 10:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My family members all the time say that I am wasting my time
here at web, however I know I am getting knowledge all the time by reading such good
articles or reviews.

my blog ... comunidad.molinux.info

 

Post a Comment

<< Home